Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Welcome to My Blog!


Welcome to At Home Pet Vet Care! Let me introduce myself. My name is Dr. Sandra J. Platt and I'm a veterinarian who does house calls every day. House calls are my favorite way to talk with my clients, deal with behavioral problems, and manage pet health. I focus on helping my clients live the longest, healthiest lives possible with their pets. Often times creative problem solving is the most important part of veterinary practice!

I started off life in a dog-loving home. First White German Shepherds and then Great Pyrenees. Since then, I went to college and had majors in religion and neuroscience (I have never been able to chose). I received a Masters of Divinity from Harvard Divinity School, because I love learning about how (and why) people tick. After a few years developing nonprofits, I went to veterinary school at the University of Pennsylvaina and am finishing up my Masters of Public Health from the University of Minnesota, focusing on geriatrics and their pets.

I currently live with four cats and a dog. I was afraid of cats when Leila was given to me by neighbors. More about Leila in future blogs, but she taught me a great deal – including her hatred for the "friend" I got from the shelter. I am amazed by my felines on a regular basis. Apparently, cats know when you are a sucker and I now have four, who all seem to enjoy each other's company and put up with my attentions.

My dog was an impulse adoption (and I know she picked me out, I wasn't even in the shelter itself, I was in the office!). I knew I wanted a dog at some point. I never imagined myself with a laborador. And I never imagined how much fun it would be to see the world through her eyes! Roxy loves her kitties and counts them regularly. She takes me to the park everyday and has introduced me to some fabulous people.If you call At Home Pet Vet Care and get her on the phone, don't be surpised if you hear licking. Her capacity for love is pretty remarkable, despite having been returned to the shelter twice!

If you have topics you want discussed, questions, problems, animal conundrums, I'm more than happy to address them here. I look forward to keeping you updated on our adventures at At Home Pet Vet Care!

1 comment:

  1. We already love the blog and can't wait for more!
    signed,
    Maxwell, Mairaed and Trace (with some help with the typing from our mom, Giules)

    ReplyDelete